What is it?
As part of our aviation portfolio, and to supplement our in-depth annual deep dive into the in-flight connectivity market, Valour Consultancy delivers a quarterly tracker designed to keep those with an invested interest in the area updated on installation activity and key trends.
Unlike other quarterly trackers, the IFC tracker is extremely rich in data with various splits pulled directly from our IFC report. These splits include:
- Total connected aircraft by product type (Wi-Fi / cellular / Wi-Fi and cellular)
- Total connected aircraft by service provider
- Total connected aircraft by airline
- Total connected aircraft by fitment type (retro/line fitment)
- Total connected aircraft by aircraft size (wide-body / narrow-body / regional jet)
- Total connected aircraft by aircraft type (A330 / B787 / E175 etc.)
- Total connected aircraft by technology type (L-band / Ku-band / Ka-band / 2Ku / ATG / Hybrid)
- Total connected aircraft by region (North America, Central & South America, Western Europe, Central & Eastern Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific, China)
- Share of quarterly installations and the total installed base by service provider and airline
- Share of annualised service revenues by service provider
- Analysis of aircraft backlog by service provider
In terms of deliverables, a comprehensive Excel file shows data attributed to the most recent four quarters, while a PowerPoint summary adds context to the numbers highlighting quarter-on-quarter changes and the likely impact of industry announcement during the reporting period on our core forecasts. Both documents are being constantly shaped by existing clients to ensure the tracker evolves with industry needs and requirements.
How is data collected?
There are three layers to our data collection approach:
- Like most of our research, the quarterly tracker relies heavily on our relationship with the IFC supply chain. We receive reported data from various service providers and airlines from all over the world.
- We supplement our primary data with relevant information from service providers’ quarterly investor announcements.
- Finally, we fill in any gaps with secondary research using reputable sources.
Who would be interested in the quarterly tracker?
Currently, we have a number of subscribers to this quarterly tracker, ranging from service providers, hardware manufacturers, satellite operators and airlines – all with a vested interest in keeping a close eye on the performance and evolution of the IFC sector.
Service providers –
- Understand how you are performing versus the competition in terms of the overall installed base and activity each quarter.
- See the latest industry news, announcements and new partnerships summarised in one easy-to-digest dashboard.
- Quickly uncover emerging technology trends and keep a close eye on the adoption of IFC in previously untapped regions.
- Get clarity on your own IFC investment by uncovering which technologies are being adopted, by whom and when.
- Gain a perspective on the price points at which IFC is offered by fellow airlines.
Hardware manufacturers –
- Understand the potential value of the market for your own product portfolio.
- Uncover existing and future trends and opportunities in the IFC sector.
How much does the IFC tracker cost?
The pricing of our quarterly IFC tracker is based on a 1-year subscription (4 quarters of deliverables) costing GBP £4,000. Discounts are available for those that purchase additional reports.
If you would like to know more about this product or if you would like to become a subscriber, please contact email@example.com.